Employees who are hurt at work should contact an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer as soon as possible because the employer does have control over which doctors are used. It’s best to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer to make sure you are complying with all legal requirements and to make sure you are getting the help you need.
1. Get medical help:
2. The employee should tell whichever health care provider he/she sees that the injury is work-related and should identify the employer. This way, the health care provider can bill workers’ compensation.
3. Let the employer/owner of the company know about the accident either personally or through a friend, relative, or through the health care provider.
4. Follow through with a written notice to the employer in 30 days.
5. Follow through with the medical course of action.
6. You should see a doctor within 90 days of the accident or you may lose your right to file a claim.
7. Once you have established a treating doctor and he or she is accepted by the workers’ comp carrier, you may not switch treating physicians without the written authorization of the carrier or by filing a motion with the Industrial Commission.
Attorney Joe Miller at Joe Miller Law, Ltd., knows what to do when a job accident occurs. He knows which doctors you should see, what notices you should give, and all the medical benefits and lost wage benefits you’re allowed. He’s represented thousands of injured victims, so contact Joe Miller Law, Ltd., today for the experienced help you need following a workplace accident or injury.