Truck Driver Causes Four Vehicle Chain Reaction Accident in Virginia
WHSV reported on March 15, 2014 that a truck with a box trailer caused a four vehicle crash on I-81 in Augusta County, Virginia. When the driver of the truck slowed down, he lost control of his truck causing the vehicles behind him to collide in a chain reaction. The truck driver was charged with reckless driving.
In this type of case there are many liability issues – some of which are not easily apparent:
- The driver of the truck is the first target for any of the people in the other three vehicles.
- If the driver of the truck didn’t own the truck, then the owners of the truck may be responsible too – especially if they gave the truck driver permission to use the truck.
- The drivers of the other three trucks may have some responsibility too. A fuller investigation will be needed. If any of the three drivers was partly responsible, then:
- They may not be able to recover against the truck driver because they were guilty of contributory negligence – some responsibility for the accident.
- The remaining non-culpable drivers may sue the truck driver and possibly the partly responsible driver as well.
- If any passengers were in the vehicles, they will likely have claims against the truck driver and possibly any of the drivers who were also at fault.
Contact a Norfolk Accident Attorney Today
Norfolk attorney Joe Miller helps truck, motorcycle, and car accident victims take action against the person or entity responsible for their needless pain and suffering, and he is ready to help you if you’ve been injured in an accident caused by another party’s wrongdoing. To learn more about what he can do to help you, contact Joe Miller Law, Ltd., at (888) 694-1671 today.