Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident victims can suffer a wide range of injuries as a result of their accident, ranging from life-threatening to relatively minor in nature. However, even smaller injuries need medical attention. Even non-catastrophic injuries can cause a great amount of pain and suffering that victims may experience for months, or even years, to come. Below are some of the more common injuries that are reported by car accident victims:
- Whiplash and neck injuries: Because the neck and head take a jolt when an accident happens, injury to the neck is fairly common in a car accident. Sometimes the injury doesn’t show for days. It’s advisable to get treatment immediately if you suspect that you have suffered a whiplash injury. Additionally, if you are pursuing legal action after a car accident, it is important that you do not settle your case until you are sure that you do not have whiplash or another neck injury.
- Back Injuries: The back can also be thrown from its normal position or stretched in ways it shouldn’t. Injuries to the back can cause soft tissue damage, which can take a long time to heal. More serious back injuries can cause severe pain and even paralysis.
- Cuts and Bruises: When a car crashes, the driver and passenger will be thrown about in the car – hitting body parts on various car parts, often resulting in bruising. Additionally, parts of the car (glass and metal for example) may break off and fly about, causing cuts and bruises.
- Internal injuries: Injuries to various organs can cause bleeding or strain that should be treated promptly.
- Broken Bones: Often, bones of the hand and other bones of the body can fracture. While broken bones often heal, they do require treatment and usually require that the bone be immobilized so it can heal properly.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Norfolk for the Help You Need
At Joe Miller Law, Ltd., Norfolk attorney Joe Miller has been helping car accident victims for over 25 years, and knows what it takes to effectively represent car accident victims, no matter how serious or minor their injuries. For the legal assistance you need if you have been injured in a car accident, call us today at (888) 694-1671.