Hampton Roads and Northeast North Carolina Drivers Should Remember these Simple Driving Safety Tips
The next time you get behind the wheel and you are cruising around the Virginia Beach area or looking for a place to grab a bite to eat in Norfolk, make sure that you keep your mind on the road, and keep in mind the following tips. They will help you stay safer while you are on the road:
- Never drive under the influence – this includes alcohol, illicit drugs, and prescription and over-the-counter drugs that warn you that driving while on them is a bad idea.
- Keep the speed down – the beach is still going to be there ten minutes from now.
- Avoid distractions – phone calls and texts can wait, so keep your eyes and your focus on the road. Moreover, texting while driving is illegal in Virginia.
- Don’t drive tired – people who drive while they are tired account for about 20% of accidents on the road, according to a recent study from Virginia Tech.
- Take care in bad weather – when the weather makes it hard to drive and when the roads are slick, adjust your normal habits to conditions by driving slower and be more cautiously.
- Watch others and drive defensively– while you can control your behavior on the road, you cannot control others. Particularly in bad weather, beware of other drivers in the vicinity of your vehicle.
These tips should help to keep you accident-free. If you’ve been in an accident because of someone’s carelessness in Hampton Roads or Northeast North Carolina, it’s time to visit www.JoeMillerInjuryLaw.com to see what your next step is to securing a potential recovery in your case. You can also call us toll free anytime at 888-694-1671.