Speeding Causes Car Accidents
Speeding is an especially dangerous cause of auto accidents. With speed:
- The damage to the cars and the occupants of the cars is much more severe.
- Reaction time is greatly diminished when a car speeds. The reaction time of the driver is greatly reduced. Additionally, the reaction time of other driver is also reduced.
- The driver who is speeding is more likely to lose control of his vehicle.
- Turns become more dangerous
- Reacting to a bump in the road or to road repair signs becomes tougher
Teenagers are especially likely to speed.
A skilled car accident lawyer can show that a driver was speeding and that the speeding vehicle caused the injuries. The damages to the car and the positions of the cars before and after an accident is one factor in proving speed. Scientific results such as radar and digital recording systems can also show speed. Computer graphics and accident reconstruction experts are also used to prove a driver was speeding.
How our firm can help
Anyone who has been in a car accident, in North Carolina or Virginia, or who knows someone who was killed in a car accident because of the negligence of another needs to have legal help. Contact Norfolk Injury Lawyer Joe Miller or call us toll free at 888-694-1671 for more information on how to proceed, how to work with your doctors, and whether you might have a significant recovery coming your way.