Top Five Things to Do if You’re in a Vehicle Accident
- Don’t give a statement to the insurance company until you’ve seen a competent personal injury lawyer.
- Do call and wait for the police. The police will get all the necessary contact information, and will investigate the cause of the accident including observations of the accident scene, observations of the cars involved and will observe and assist any accident victims.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can. The earlier you get medical attention, the better chance doctors and hospitals can maximize your recovery.
- Take photos. If you have a cell phone, take your own photos of the accident scene. If you have injuries (bruises, scars, broken bones, etc.) have a family member of friend take photos of your injuries.
- Keep calm. Don’t get into an argument with the other drivers and don’t volunteer any information.
How Our Firm Can Help
See our Dos and Don’ts checklist for more advice on what to do if you’re in a car accident.
If you’ve been in an accident because of someone’s carelessness, whether it’s in Virginia or North Carolina, it’s time to visit www.JoeMillerInjuryLaw.com to see what your next step is to securing a potential recovery in your case. You can also call us toll free anytime at 888-694-1671. We offer free consultation so that we can determine if you have a case we can help you with.