Van Overturns on North Carolina Interstate 77
WBTV reported on February 21 that a van overturned on the northbound lane of Interstate 77 near the Lake Norman Bridge in North Carolina. The accident happened around 4:30 pm near Exit 29 of the Interstate. Traffic was backed up for several miles and for an hour. The North Carolina DOT (Department of Transportation) said the accident was a serious accident. It was unknown how many passengers were in the van. The extent of the injuries was also unknown.
Unique Problems for Vans
Large vans present several unique problems that van drivers should be aware of – as well as other drivers on the road:
- Vans can be more difficult to drive because of their size and shape.
- It may be tougher to see other cars around the van.
- Vans may be more likely to fall over if the driver loses control.
- Drivers of vans may need a commercial driver’s license
- Van owners may need extra insurance protection because vans carry many people.
- Drivers of vans need to be extra careful because vans carry many people.
Contact a North Carolina Accident Lawyer Today
If you or someone you know was in an accident involving a large van, the resulting injuries can be considerable, and if you were injured because of another party’s wrongdoing, you should not have to shoulder the resulting financial burden on your own. Attorney Joe Miller at Joe Miller Law, has helped thousands of accident victims fight for the full and fair compensation they need after an accident, and he is ready to put this experience to work for you. To learn more, call (888) 694-1671 today.