Virginia and North Carolina Workers Need to Keep in Mind These Work Safety Tips
Work accidents happen far too often, but with a few precautions and some common sense, it is going to be possible to lower your likelihood of injury. Check out the following tips to see what you should do at your own workplace here in the Hampton Roads area and Northeast North Carolina:
- Keep your work area clean so that there are no hazards in your space. This keeps you and other employees safer.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, especially while working on heights.
- Make sure all machines that you have to use are in good working order, and have the proper safety guards and features. If they do not, report them to your supervisors.
- Encourage your company to have safety training and safety officers to help cut down on workplace accidents.
- Use the right equipment for the job.
- Never work while groggy or under the influence.
- Do not try to lift more than you know you are capable of. Get help.
- Always utilize proper lifting techniques.
- Use proper hearing protection in loud environments.
- Always utilize an OSHA-approved respirator that is specific to the task being performed to avoid hazardous inhalation of dangerous fumes.
In addition, you need to know your rights. If you’ve been in an accident at work, then you want to make sure that you get in touch with an attorney who will be able to help you understand your rights and whether you may be due compensation for your injuries. Those with work injuries in the Hampton Roads area or Northeast North Carolina should visit www.JoeMillerInjuryLaw.com or call Joe Miller, Workers Compensation Lawyer at 888-694-1671.