What is the Workers’ Compensation Research Institute (WCRI)
The WCRI is a non-profit organization that began in 1983 and is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It’s not a political or advocacy organization. Its purpose is to provide objective data on a variety of workers’ compensation issues to better serve the public. To get the data, it conducts scientific studies. Objectivity is based on peer review methods that are meant to be unbiased.
The types of studies the WCRI conducts are meant to answer such questions as:
- How can the workers’ compensation (WC) systems for each state work better?
- Which items add to the costs of WC claims?
- How can the injured employee get better care?
- How does one state’s WC compare to another state’s WC?
- What changes can lead to better results?
The studies are conducted in many ways. Some of the ways include:
- State by state studies where there have been recent legislative changes. The aim of these studies is to help other states decide if the legislation is beneficial to the public.
- Studies on new research in worker’s compensation research such as treatments for certain types of injuries.
The results of the studies are given to those with a direct interest in the outcome of the studies. Recipients include specific industry groups, administrators who work in the workers’ compensation field, and legislators. The beneficiaries of the studies are the recipients plus injured workers, employers, insurers, and organized labor.
Contact a Norfolk Workers’ Comp Lawyer to Learn More
Norfolk workers’ compensation lawyer Joe Miller at Joe Miller Law, helps people who have been injured at work or have a workplace illness. He has been helping employees and personal injury victims in North Carolina and in Virginia for over 25 years. He’ll fight to help you pursue all the wages the law allows, work to get your medical bills paid, and argue for any other benefits you’re entitled to get. The employer’s insurance company will have a lawyer, and you need a strong attorney too. For the experienced legal help you need, call Joe Miller Law, today at (888) 694-1671.