I do not like the doctor that the workers’ compensation carrier has referred me to. Can I change doctors and go to a physician of my choice?

Yes, but you must first seek approval from your employer to see a different doctor. If they refuse, it is best to make a Motion with the Industrial Commission before seeking further care with another physician. We can assist you with that.

Of course, in emergency circumstances, you may seek treatment on your own, and then seek approval later; however it must be a real emergency, and you must seek Commission approval as soon as possible after your treatment. Again, it is always better, if possible, to seek Commission approval first and get an Order requiring your employer to provide you with the treatment that you seek.