How do I get wrongful death claim started?

The first thing you will need is a certified copy of the death certificate. Ask for more than one. That can usually be obtained from the coroner’s office in the City or County where the death occurred. After that, someone must take that certified death certificate and go down to the Clerk of Court to qualify to be the personal representative / administrator of the Estate of the deceased, as set forth above. Whomever qualifies must pay a small fee and advise the Clerk that this is being done in order to move ahead with a wrongful death claim on behalf of the Estate of the deceased. It is important that the person applying to be the administrator check the appropriate boxes on the application form in order to indicate that they anticipate bringing a wrongful death claim on behalf of the Estate.