What type of medical attention should I seek?

Generally, you should go to the emergency room, or one of the many “Doc-in-the- Box” facilities, such as a Patient First, for your initial visit. If, however, you have a family doctor with whom you have a good relationship, and you can get in to see him or her either that same day, or the next day, that is also fine.