Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing homes can be a wonderful source of help for the elderly. Trained medical staff can attend to the physical and psychological needs of older residents. Children can have the peace of mind of knowing they can see their parents and that their parents will be cared for.
But sometimes administrators and staff are neglectful and don’t provide proper care. In the worst cases, they are abusive and intentionally cause the elderly harm. When a loved one or you suffer harm in a nursing home, you may have the right to compensation for your pain and suffering and to have the harm stop.
Typical types of nursing home abuse are:
- Improper use of restraints
- Malnutrition and poor diet
- Not giving out proper medications, failing to give the medications or over-sedating
- Falls due to slipping or tripping
- Sex abuse
How a NC or VA lawyer can help when nursing home abuse occurs
- A lawyer can investigate the cause of the abuse
- A lawyer knows the Federal, State and local laws and regulations that apply
- A lawyer familiar with nursing home abuse can show how the harm could have been prevented
- A lawyer will know who should be held accountable and will target the neglectful or abusive parties.
How Joe Miller can help with Norfolk Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Nursing home abuse and neglect are not excusable. The elderly have the right to proper care and treatment. Contact me, attorney Joe Miller, at Joe Miller Law, for advice on how to proceed with your nursing home claim. If needed, I can meet you or your loved on at the nursing home facility in question. Call today at (888) 694-1671 to learn more about what I can do to help you and your family.