You’ve Been in a Car Accident – Now What?
You never like to think that you could be in a car accident, but – as the saying goes – accidents happen. Whether it’s in Hampton Roads or Northeast Carolina or elsewhere, if you are ever in one, then it is going to be to your benefit if you know what to do and how to proceed. Hopefully, the following tips will help you.
- Try to keep calm and under control
- If there are injuries, call an ambulance for medical help
- Determine the extent of the vehicle damage, if possible
- File a report with the police
- Get the name and insurance info of the other parties involved
- Call your insurance agent
- Take photos of the scene
- If the other Driver appears intoxicated, try to video him with your phone or have someone else do so
- Look for eyewitnesses
- Go to the doctor for an exam, even if you do not believe you have injuries – they can take some time to develop
- Contact an attorney who can help you
If you’ve already been in a car accident, or someone close to you has been in one, make sure that you really do contact an attorney. It is easy to do. When it comes to a car accident attorney in Hampton Roads, make sure you visit www.JoeMillerInjuryLaw.com or call Car Accident Lawyer Joe Miller at 888-694-1671 to get all of the information that you need.